We offer the following grant types to meet our nonprofit community’s needs.
- Multi-Year General Operating Support – We will offer two-year general operating support grants between $20,000 – $100,000 a year. These grants will be awarded to non-profits working in the specific areas of:
- Early childhood development – We support organizations focused on children from 0-5 through evidence-based home visitation, quality childcare, parenting education, prenatal support, social and emotional education, single parents of young children, and other similar services.
- The prevention and mitigation of certain adverse childhood experiences (ACES) – We support organizations working to prevent and mitigate physical & sexual abuse, neglect, substance use disorders, incarceration, domestic violence, and homelessness.
- The creation of and support for positive childhood experiences (PCES) – We support organizations working to create positive childhood experiences through after-school programs, summer camps, mentoring programs, caregiver-child experiences, and more.
- Mental and behavioral health services – We support organizations that provide counseling and therapy, suicide prevention, addiction support and treatment, and other mental health services.
- Advocacy Grants – In 2023, we will launch an advocacy grants program. Grants will be available during the same Spring and Fall timeline as our General Operating Support Grants. More details to come.
- Boost Grants – In 2023, we will launch our Boost Grants. These will be grants to support and enhance the capacity and infrastructure of Natrona County nonprofits. Capped at $15,000, organizations can apply to meet most capacity needs, including but not limited to technology acquisition, strategic planning, succession planning, board development, etc. This funding will be available throughout the year until the funding is fully allocated.
Grant Cycle Timeline
Fall Cycle 2022
- WNN Networking Q&A Opportunity – August 25, 11:30 at the Child Development Center
- Application Open – August 24, 2022
- Application Close – September 14, 2022
- Grant Award Notification – On or before October 3, 2022
- Funds Dispersed – Around October 14, 2022
Spring Cycle 2023
- Launch Event February 20, 2023
- Application Open – February 22, 2023
- Application Close – March 15, 2023
- Grant Award Notification – On or before April 5, 2023
Multi-Year General Operating Support Grant Application
The application will require non-profits to provide:
- General contact information
- Statement of inclusivity and how it applies to your organization
- Request amount and how you will use the requested funds*
- Most recent balance sheet, and profit and loss statement. These should be audited financials or financials reviewed and approved by your board.
If you have any questions about the upcoming grant application, please contact:
Grants Manager – Jeremy Yates
*NCHT staff take the following areas into consideration when determining grant amounts; grantee request amount, organizational budget, mission alignment, equity commitment, systems change work, service expansion, community need & evidence-based approaches.